‘Feeling Grumpy Is Good For You’. A research carried out by Professor Joe Forgas of The University of New South Wales suggests grumpy people cope with more demanding situations than happy people because of the way the brain “promotes information processing strategies”. His experiments showed in contrast to those annoying happy types, miserable people are better at decision-making and less gullible. (Culled From The BBC Website).
Did anyone sigh? Now, I understood the concept of the article but felt it should have drawn a parallel with moderate optimism hmmh!!!(I may be wrong)
I also stumbled on this headline by The Daily Mail; Want to keep the wife happy? Be miserable or risk divorce.
Research carried out with tens of thousands of couples in Britain, Germany and Australia shows that if you’re happier than your wife, you could soon be heading for the divorce courts.
It states economists have identified a phenomenon called the ‘Happiness Gap’, which states that the bigger the difference between spouses’ satisfaction levels, the greater the risk of a break-up. It was also more likely to be the disgruntled wife who would start divorce proceedings.
The study found that the happiness gap widened if wives were lumbered with most of the housework, if they had different social backgrounds to their husbands, or if they had higher than average incomes.
Did anyone scream at this fact and would it change your perspective to marriage, courtship or dating?
The Daily Express also published a report today Two Thirds Of British Women Are Bored With Life
Elaine Smith, marketing manager for Florette Fruit, which conducted the study of 3,000 women, said: “Women are so busy trying to have it all – the job, the family, the social life – that we’ve ended up with nothing.
British women are bored with their lives and half are sick of doing the same thing day in, day out. Women have lost the get-up-and-go to try something different.”
The study found most are happy in their current relationships, but 46 per cent blamed their dissatisfaction on a terrible social life. Four in ten hated their job and the same number would be happier if they could take more holidays.
After much thought, I came up with a phrase applicable to the above articles which is FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF CONSTRUCTIVELY.
In the words of Euripides; ‘there is just one life for each of us: our own. Pause for one moment to think about it and give it time to sink in.
Can anyone just take a break and FEEL GOOD ABOUT HIM/HERSELF constructively?
No one knows how many hurdles you had to jump over or rivers to cross and sacrifices made in order to get to where you are now. Come on !!!! feel good about yourself.
The aim of this post isn’t stir up an argument or disregard the facts mentioned above, but to motivate and suggest ways to feel good about yourself and if one person feels better/positive about him/herself then my job’s done.
In no particular order, here are 40 ways to feel good about yourself:
- Appreciate who you are.
- Feel good about your body and carry yourself gracefully. Spend a few minutes each day appreciating your body, I can guarantee you’d have a spring in your step.
- Dress to impress and I say that with a bit of my tongue in cheek. Come on !! wear some new clothes, shoes,… Get that Givenchy or CK One perfume and smell goooddd. Go on look gorgeous, charming or absolutely stunning.
- Do some exercises. Exercises help to release chemicals, endorphins and adrenalins and this creates natural highs.
- Smile because it can be contagious.
- Spend time doing things you love or are good at.
- Take risks or stand up to challenges and feel good about it.
- Remember and share your past achievements or awards but ensure you are constantly making progress in life.
- Do the right thing.
- Spend time with people you love e.g. spouse, partner, family, children….. They put that sparkle in you.
- Live a life of integrity.
- Become self aware.
- Have some ME time.
- Express yourself clearly, constructively, and confidently.
- Gain control of emotions and feelings. Slow down on your anger and bitterness.
- Go out on a date.
- I never believed I would say this but GET SOME SWAGGER!!!
- Go ahead; seek some intimacy, there’s nothing wrong with it or is there?
- Spend time talking to or meeting people.
- Don’t take to heart the negative things peoples say about you. At times people insult you only to hide their own insecurities.
- Cook dinner even if you can’t cook. There’s always something funny about you cooking a horrible meal lol!!! On a serious note, always remember to enjoy your food. Having a bowl of ice cream won’t hurt.
- Dance and sing to music even if you dont have the best voice in the world. Take that toothbrush, comb…(some of you know what i’m talking about lol!!), use it as a mic and sing!!!
- Watch the television, feet up on the sofa, a bowl of popcorn in the hands and……. just feel good about yourself.
- Use your initiative and do things that will aid your success.
- Show some love and kindness to people.
- Volunteer your time e.g. helping the homeless, mentoring, befriending and if possible donate to reputable charities.
- Stand up for yourself (defend yourself) where necessary.
- Create long term goals and work towards it.
- Wake up earlier than usual and start the day being very active.
- Be open to change.
- Embrace your faiths, constructive beliefs and convictions.
- Go for a run, walk or climb a mountain.
- Share a joke. Don’t get too worried if it isn’t funny it’s just a BAD JOKE.
- Let your imaginations run wild constructively lol!!!
- Use affirmations.
- Relax as often you can and sleep soundly.
- Take photographs.
- Be polite, well mannered and don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t focus too much on making yourself feel good. Let it come naturally.
- HAVE FUN!!!!!
Do something different today. Feel good about who you are constructively.
I look forward to your comments and suggestions.
Kindly consider making a donation to support us.